Oreo Cream Cheese Bars – delicious bars made of Oreo cookies and cream cheese that I love. They are light and not too sweet, just perfect for my family and me ♥
While I was reading my cookbook the other day, I found this recipe. I have to say that I haven‘t made Oreo Cream Cheese bars for a long time. I‘ve prepared Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies and Double Chocolate Cheesecake Cookies.
Since, it‘s a fresh strawberry season I‘ve also made Easy Strawberry Banana Fluff Salad and Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake. That‘s why I simply forgot about this Bars. I‘m now sharing the recipe with you.
Oreo Cream Cheese Bars are easy to make and all those Oreo fans will love them. My family and I love Oreo cookies, so I often prepare desserts made of them, like No Bake Mint Oreo Cheesecake. As you already know, we don‘t like desserts that are too sweet, so you can always add some sugar, if you prefer sweeter desserts ♠
I usually make Oreo Cream Cheese bars for a snack. I enjoy their taste while I‘m having my coffee, reading newspapers and getting ready for a new day. My son loves them, especially Oreo cookies inside.
Whenever he sees me opening a packet of Oreo, he tries some. This recipe is perfect for all those who like Oreo and delicious, light desserts. Enjoy your cup of coffee or tea with this delicious Bars 🙂
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 18-20 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Crumble Oreo cookies and set aside.
- In a medium dish combine flour, cornstarch and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate dish, mix butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer, medium speed, until it is creamy, for about a minute.
- Add en egg, vanilla, yogurt and mix some more. Add, powdered sugar and mix until creamy, for about a minute.
- Then, slowly add a flour mixture and mix until well combined. Take a handful of crumbled cookies and leave aside.
- Add the remaining cookies in the dough and stir gently. Put the mixture in the baking pan, spread evenly and sprinkle with a handful of Oreo, you have already separated.
- Put in the oven and after 10 minutes, put parchment paper over it, so that it doesn‘t become too brown, while baking.
- Bake for 25-27 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool for a while. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you prefer sweeter desserts, add a ¼ cup of sugar max.
- Store at a room temperature, in a well sealed container, no longer than 2 days.
If you prefer sweeter desserts, add a ¼ cup of sugar max.
Store at a room temperature, in a well sealed container, no longer than 2 days.