Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are chewy cookies with oatmeal, chocolate chips and walnuts. I love them. They simply swept me off my feet when I tried them for the first time.
Do you like oatmeal cookies? Are you a chocolate fan? Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect combination of oatmeal and chocolate chips, enriched with walnuts.
Pecans or some other nuts or raisins can be used instead of walnuts. Don‘t forget the cinnamon for its smell and taste. Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are very easy and quick to prepare.
It only takes a while and you get to enjoy their taste for a few days. How cool is that? Making cookies has a positive effect on me, it makes me feel better and it makes me smile. I love it when my home smells like fresh baked cookies. A plate of cookies on the table gives a home some special, warm atmosphere. I like these cookies with a glass of milk or tea.
They are a great snack and a perfect choice when you crave for something sweet. Oatmeal makes them crunchy while the chocolate melts…My family loves Chocolate Chips Oatmeal Cookies. While they are still in the oven, there is only one question: “Are they read, yet?” and then “When can we try them?” follows. These cookies are very filling; 2-3 are all you need for a nice snack.
If you like oatmeal cookies you should try Carrot Oatmeal Cookies or No Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies. For those who like oatmeal and healthy snacks, I suggest Vegan Peanut Butter Energy Bites or No Bake Chocolate Energy Balls. Every fan of good cookies should try Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies – the most popular post on the blog. Enjoy the incredible taste of Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon apple sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips (save 1-2 tbsp chocolate chips to put on the top of the baked cookies)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a medium dish combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large dish beat butter using electric mixer, medium speed, for about a minute.
- Add light brown and granulated sugar and beat for about 3 minutes until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add an egg, apple sauce, vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed, until well combined. Using spatula stir in oatmeal, then chocolate chips and walnuts. Chill for 30-45 min.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. With medium size cookie scoop (1 1/2 TBSP) scoop the dough and place it onto the prepared baking sheets.
- The cookies should be 1 1/2 inch apart. Press each cookie lightly with your hand or spatula. Bake for 10-11 min.
- Take out of the oven and leave for a couple of minutes in the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Put a few chocolate chips on the top of each cookie while they are still warm.
Store in a well sealed container, at a room temperature, for a week. Baked cookies can be frozen, up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 135Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g