Shortbread Cookies with chocolate chips, shaped like sticks, dipped in melted chocolate are delicious Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookie Sticks. I like shortbread cookies, because they are simple ♥
If you are looking for delicious, crunchy cookies that melt in your mouth and are easy to prepare, then Chocolate Chips Shortbread Cookie Sticks are just right.
My son is a huge chocolate fan and he always gets excited when I make a chocolate treat. This time he wasn‘t at home when I was preparing Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookie Sticks. When he came back from kindergarten there was a surprise waiting for him 🙂
It was the most beautiful and the sweetest part of the day. I enjoyed watching him eat this fantastic dessert. Money can‘t buy you everything and that was one of those moments.
You need an hour and a half to make them. They are quick and easy to make. The dough should be left in the fridge for 1-2 h.
Then you cut it in sticks or any other shape that you like and bake. Finally, dip them in melted chocolate. You can keep them in the freezer, they‘ll remain fresh.
It‘s a good idea to make them for some special occasion. I like them cold, taken out of the freezer.
If you like chocolate chip desserts check out the most popular post on my blog Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies.
I like to have Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookie Sticks while having a rest with a cup of tea or coffee, enjoying the pleasant company of people I like. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chip
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chip
- 1/8 teaspoon oil
- Combine butter and powdered sugar in a mix bowl, slow speed, until it is light and fluffy, for about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla.
- Slowly add flour, cornstarch and salt and keep mixing, the slowest speed until you get fine dough. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Put the dough on plastic wraps or freezer bag and roll to ¼ inch. Leave it to cool until it becomes solid, for about 1 - 2 hours (30 minutes in the freezer would do).
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line baking sheet with baking paper. Take the dough out of the fridge. Cut the dough in sticks, any size you choose. Mine were 0.4 x 2.75 inches.
- Put the sticks in the sheet, minimum 0.6 inches apart. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the edges become brown.
- Take them out of the oven and leave to cool in the sheet and then transfer them on the wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips following the instructions on the package, add oil and stir. Dip the sticks in melted chocolate and place them on parchment paper.
Leave them in the fridge for a couple of minutes for chocolate to become solid and gets stuck to the paper.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 100Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g