These Christmas Cheesecake Tacos with crunchy graham cracker tortilla shells, rich and creamy cheesecake filling, sprinkled with Christmas sprinkles, M&M’s and crushed candy canes is an ultimate dessert you have to try for Christmas 2023!
They’re delicious, easy to make and they look so good on a festive table. It’s so much fun preparing them with kids and I’m sure you’ll have a great time together. Those are the moments to remember. Every time I think about such moments when I was a child, I start smiling.
Have you tried dessert tacos? If you have, I’m sure you like them. They are among the most popular recipes on the blog and for a good reason, they’re really different, special and fun to make. Christmas is coming and every year I’m looking forward to it and expecting that very special day. I love the festive atmosphere, that moment when we are all together, so I try to sweeten those moments with good food, especially with desserts.
I enjoy coming up with new recipes, so that every year is different and special. This time I chose cheesecake tacos, these are the recipes you like to prepare, it’s very easy to make them, they look nice and above all they are so delicious. There are many recipes for dessert tacos on the blog and it’s the perfect time for a new one in the spirit of upcoming holidays.
Let’s start with the ingredients that are necessary to prepare these festive and delicious treats:
Flour tortillas, graham cracker crumbs, unsalted butter, white chocolate, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, heavy whipping cream, Christmas sprinkles, M&M’s, candy canes.
The preparation is simple:
First make taco shells and bake them in the oven, then coat them with white chocolate and crunchy graham cracker crumbs, Christmas sprinkles and crushed candy canes. Next prepare cheesecake filling and pipe the tacos. Finally, top with Christmas sprinkles, crushed candy canes and M&M’s and that’s it.
A detailed recipe with the necessary quantities of all the ingredients can be found at the bottom of the post, in the recipe card. So easy and tasty and looks amazing, so different!
Tips for perfect Christmas Cheesecake Tacos:
Pierce the tortillas with a knife or fork before baking them to prevent bubbles from forming. If a bubble still forms, pierce it immediately with a fork or knife after taking the taco out of the oven while it’s still soft, so the shell quickly becomes crispy.
Cream cheese should be softened so that you can beat it more easily and without lumps. Take it out of the fridge at least an hour before using. Heavy whipping cream should be cooled so that you can beat it more easily.
How to store Christmas Cheesecake Tacos? In an airtight container, refrigerated for up to 3 days. Keep in mind that the shells will become soggy. If you don’t want this to happen, prepare the shells and the filling one day ahead and assemble the tacos a few hours before serving.
Cheesecake filling can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the fridge, then pipe freshly baked taco shells.
Ho Ho Ho Santa, are you ready? We are, we are waiting for your gifts and our Christmas Cheesecake Tacos are waiting for you! We hope you will like this delicious and fun treat. Merry Christmas!
- TORTILLA SHELLS:
- 5 Large flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 13 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup Christmas sprinkles
- 2 tablespoon crushed candy canes
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- red and green M&M's
- Christmas sprinkles
- crushed candy canes
- To make taco shells - Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C). Turn the muffin tin upside down and set aside. Cut the tortillas with a 4 inch cookie cutter, about 3 circles per tortilla. Coat the cut circles with melted butter and arrange them in the prepared tin so that they take the shape of shells.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Make sure not to overbake them! Take them out of the oven when they’re done and leave in the muffin tin to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine graham cracker crumbs, Christmas sprinkles and crushed candy canes in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- While tortilla shells are cooling, you can melt white chocolate. The best way to do it is by using double boiler. Pour 1 inch water in a deep pan and heat it. Place a glass dish with chopped or crumbled white chocolate over the pan with water. Make sure the dish with chocolate is not touching the water. When the water starts boiling, lower the heat. Stir the chocolate constantly with spatula and once it is melted, take the dish off the pan and wipe its bottom part, so that there’s not any water left on the outside. Make sure the water doesn’t mix with chocolate.
- Chocolate can also be melted in the microwave. Put the chocolate in a microwave bowl and heat for 20 seconds maximum, take it out, stir and repeat the same procedure until the chocolate is melted. Be careful, white chocolate can easily burn. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush the cooled taco shells with white chocolate, then immediately put them in a bowl with graham cracker crumbs and coat the shells from all sides and inside. Place them in an already prepared baking sheet and then leave in the fridge for the chocolate to become solid.
- To make the cheesecake filling - Mix softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add heavy whipping cream, beat first on low and then on high speed until it thickens. Transfer the filling to a piping bag.
- Pipe shells with cheesecake filling, sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles, crushed candy canes and M&M's.
- Do not overbake tortilla shells! If this happens, you risk the shells cracking when you coat them with chocolate. Use high-quality white chocolate for better taste and easier coating of the shells.
- Cream cheese should be softened so that you can beat it more easily and without lumps. Take it out of the fridge at least an hour before using.
- Heavy whipping cream should be cooled so that you can beat it more easily.
- How to store Christmas Cheesecake Tacos? In an airtight container, refrigerated for up to 3 days. Keep in mind that the shells will become soggy. If you don’t want this to happen, prepare the shells and the filling one day ahead and assemble the tacos a few hours before serving.
- Cheesecake filling can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the fridge, then pipe freshly baked taco shells.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 452Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 257mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 6g