Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad is a very tasty, old fashioned dessert that is so easy to prepare and that everyone loves. It consists of three different layers. The first one is made of crushed pretzels, sugar and melted butter and it´s baked for 10 minutes. Then, the second layer made of cream cheese, sugar and cool whip comes. For the third layer you will need strawberries, strawberry jello and water.
This is a yummy combination, so delicious and refreshing. Since it´s a strawberry season, are you thinking about using fresh strawberries to make a delicious dessert? If you prefer desserts that are quick and easy to make, then Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad is a perfect choice for you.
There is a good reason why this old fashioned dessert is still popular today and in my family, too. My husband really likes sweets and this dessert is one of his favorite ones. So – pretzel crust comes first, then a cream cheese layer follows and strawberry jello comes on top. All you need are 7 ingredients + 30 minutes of your time = Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad is there to put a smile on your face.
To make this dessert, you will need:
- Crushed pretzels
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Cool whip
- Strawberry jello and water.
How to prepare Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad?
Start with melting butter and sugar in a pan, using medium heat and then add crushed pretzels and stir. Next, take a 9 x 13 inch pan and spray it with non stick spray and press the pretzel mixture at the bottom of it. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 F and then leave to cool completely. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese with sugar, at medium speed, until it becomes smooth and fold in cool whip. Spread it over the pretzel layer. Next, combine strawberry jello and boiling water, stirring until the jello is dissolved. Leave it at a room temperature, for a while to cool and then add sliced strawberries, combine and spread over the cheesecake layer. The cake should be left in the fridge for 3-4 hours to cool, before serving.
More detailed recipe and the quantities of the necessary ingredients can be found at the bottom of the post.
I love this Strawberry Salad! If you are a strawberry fan like me, please check out some of the most popular strawberry recipes on our blog. If you visit our DESSERTS page you´ll find plenty of interesting recipes for all tastes. Let´s make the best of fresh strawberry season and make a perfect dessert – Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad. I am sure you will enjoy its incredible taste!
- PRETZEL CRUST
- 2 cups Crushed pretzels
- 3 tablespoon Granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Unsalted butter
- CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 8 oz Cool whip
- STRAWBERRY TOPPING
- 3 1/2 cups Strawberries, sliced
- 6 oz Strawberry jello
- 2 cups Boiling water
- Start with preheating the oven to 350 F and spraying a 9 x 13 inch pan with a non stick spray. Set it aside.
- To make a pretzel crust, you need to melt butter and sugar in a pan, using medium heat and then add crushed pretzels and stir.
- Next, press the pretzel mixture at the bottom of the pan, that has already been prepared and bake for 10 minutes. When it´s baked, take it out of the oven and leave to cool completely.
- In order to prepare a cheesecake layer, use a medium bowl beat cream cheese with sugar at medium speed until it becomes smooth.
- Then, fold in cool whip and spread over the cooled pretzel crust. Leave it in the fridge while you are preparing strawberry topping.
- When making strawberry topping, start with combining strawberry jello and boiling water, stirring until the jello is completely dissolved.
- Leave it at a room temperature, for a while to cool completely and then add sliced strawberries and combine.
- Spread the mixture over the cheesecake layer and leave to cool in the fridge for 3-4 hours, until the jello becomes solid.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 392Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 259mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g