Black Forest Mini Cheesecakes – this easy no bake recipe with Oreo crust, decadent smooth chocolate cheesecake, juicy cherries on a soft, fluffy whipped cream cloud is a dessert you simply have to try. Perfect combination of taste and lovely look of this mini cheesecake will sweep you off your feet in no time.
Chocolate cherry combination is irresistible, a real treat for everyone with a sweet tooth. I love quick and easy recipes and Black Forest Mini Cheesecakes is no bake dessert, which is an extra plus and its texture is perfectly smooth. Crunchy crust, smooth cheesecake, fluffy whipped cream and cherry pie filling on top – mmmmm, so tasty, trust me!
I like mini cheesecakes. They look better than classical cheesecake and you don’t have to worry about cutting a perfect piece! How great is that! You could say that I’m a mini cheesecake fan, so there are many recipes for this dessert on my blog. This Black Forest Mini Cheesecakes has been made in a muffin tin, with the cups lined with paper liners. There is no baking – it’s so easy to prepare them.
This dessert has four layers, each layer is for itself and together they make an incredible combination. Crunchy crust made of Oreo crumbs and butter is the base of these delicious bites. Chocolate cheesecake layer with strong chocolate flavor and smooth texture, made from cream cheese, sour cream, melted semi sweet chocolate, vanilla extract and powdered sugar is a central piece of this cake, between the crust and the topping.
Topping with homemade or store-bought cherry pie filling and whipped cream made from heavy cream and powdered sugar is the crown of this delicious dessert. As I’ve already said this recipe is really easy to make, but follow a few tips to make it perfect.
Tips and tricks for these Irresistible Black Forest Mini Cheesecakes:
Use full-fat cream cheese and sour cream. Leave cream cheese at room temperature for at least one hour before using it and it will be easier to beat it and there won’t be any lumps. It’s perfect when the cheese is completely softened and room temperature.
Use very cold heavy whipping cream to get stiff peaks. Make sure to use cold, metal or glass bowl for whipping. Keep it in the fridge for at least 10 mins before using.
Do not overbeat chocolate cake filling. Mix it until smooth. If you overbeat, the filling will be full of air holes and it will lose its smooth texture.
How to store it? Refrigerated, in an airtight container, for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze them? You can freeze them without whipped cream and cherry topping. Cool them first at room temperature completely, then in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. After that, transfer them to the freezer. Store them in a container with parchment paper between layers, for up to 30 days. Thaw them in the fridge overnight. Top with whipped cream and cherry pie filling before serving.
There are so many more recipes for mini cheesecake fans here MINI CHEESECAKES. Chocolate lovers, here CHOCOLATE RECIPES you can find more interesting recipes. You can find here best mini cheesecake recipes from the famous bloggers all over the world – TOP 30 MINI CHEESECAKE RECIPES EVER. Get yourself busy, find some free time and good mood to make Black Forest Mini Cheesecakes and you’ll enjoy every bite of it.
- 16 Oreo cookies, whole ( 1 1/2 cup crumbs)
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted (57gr)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, full fat, room temperature (450gr)
- 1/8 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate, finely chopped (170gr)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 cup cherry pie filling, homemade or store-bought
- chocolate flakes or chocolate curls, optional
TO MAKE OREO CRUST
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- Put Oreo cookies in food processor and pulse until you get fine crumbs. Add melted, then cooled butter and pulse some more until the crumbs moisten.
- Divide the mixture among the cups in the muffin tin and press to get a solid layer.
TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- Melt chocolate. The best way to do it is to use a double boiler. Pour 1 inch of water into a deep pan and heat over medium heat. Place the glass bowl over the pan so that the bottom does not touch the water in the pan.
- Put finely chopped chocolate in a glass bowl. When the water starts to boil, reduce the heat to low and stir the chocolate with a spatula until it melts and becomes smooth. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla and powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth. In a separate bowl, whip heavy whipping cream on high speed, until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Add cooled melted chocolate to the cheesecake filling and beat until smooth. Do not overbeat. A TIP: Make sure the chocolate isn’t too hot, it should be lukewarm to touch. Also, don’t let it cool too much and become solid, it will be hard to beat it and there will be lumps. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Divide the cheesecake filling among the cups in the muffin tin and spread evenly over the crust. Put it in the fridge to set overnight.
TO MAKE WHIPPED CREAM
- In a cold metal or glass mixing bowl, beat very cold heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar, first on low speed for about 1 minute, then on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Place the whipped cream in a piping bag and pipe the mini cheesecake on the day of serving. Top with cherry pie filling and chocolate flakes or chocolate curls.
- Use full-fat cream cheese and sour cream. Leave cream cheese at room temperature for at least one hour before using it and it will be easier to beat it and there won’t be any lumps. It’s perfect when the cheese is completely softened and room temperature.
- Use very cold heavy whipping cream to get stiff peaks. Make sure to use a metal or glass bowl for whipping, too.
- Do not overbeat chocolate cake filling. Mix it until smooth. If you overbeat, the filling will be full of air holes and it will lose its smooth texture.
- How to store it? Refrigerated, in an airtight container, for up to 5 days.
- Can I freeze them? You can freeze them without whipped cream and cherry topping. Cool them first at room temperature completely, then in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. After that, transfer them to the freezer. Store them in a container with parchment paper between layers, for up to 30 days. Thaw them in the fridge overnight. Top with whipped cream and cherry pie filling before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 481Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 5g