This quick and easy Pumpkin Pie Crisp is a delicious fall dessert with crunchy oat topping and creamy pumpkin filling, perfect for Thanksgiving Day. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped topping and a delicious fall treat will be on your plate.
Pumpkin pie fans will love this recipe. Replace a traditional pumpkin pie with this Pumpkin Pie Crisp -it’s so good that you’ll make it again soon. Serve it warm after baking, or you can make it ahead of time, keep in the fridge and serve cold.
You need some very simple ingredients to make this recipe and it’s very easy. You’ll enjoy its smell while baked and its perfect taste when you try it. This amazing treat is so quick and easy to prepare.
Step by step to a delicious dessert!
Step 1. prepare all the ingredients
Step 2. prepare creamy pumpkin pie filling and put it in the baking pan
Step 3. prepare crunchy oat topping and sprinkle over the pumpkin pie filling
Step 4. Bake. It will take 10 minutes to prepare everything and 35 more to bake it.
An incredible and very tasty dessert will be done in only 45 minutes.
How to serve Pumpkin pie crisp?
It can be served warm with vanilla ice cream. What a combination – warm creamy – crunchy dessert and cold creamy vanilla ice cream… so yummy. If you prefer cold desserts, no worries, cool it in the fridge and serve with whipped topping. I like it both ways!
Tips for a perfect Pumpkin pie crisp:
Use pumpkin puree and add spices from the recipe. Don’t use pumpkin pie filling, it’s already sweetened and seasoned and you’ll alter the taste eventually.
How to store it?
Let it cool completely at room temperature, then cover it with plastic or aluminum foliage and leave in the fridge for up to 5 days. Keep in mind that, in time, the topping will be less crunchy. You can heat it in a microwave oven for 10-15 sec.
Prepare a different menu for Thanksgiving, make Pumpkin pie crisp and enjoy the perfect combination of taste and texture!
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can ( 15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C). Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, white granulated sugar and light brown sugar in a large bowl, until smooth. Add evaporated milk, pumpkin pure, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin spice. Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth, then put the mixture into an already prepared pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, oat, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add diced butter and combine with a fork or with your hands so that the mixture becomes crumbly. Sprinkle the topping over the pumpkin layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and bubbly. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or cooled at a room temperature or fridge, with whipped topping.
TO MAKE THE PUMPKIN PIE FILLING:
TO MAKE THE OAT TOPPING:
- Notes - store it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 11 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 299Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g